25 job interview tips
This post help you all tips for interview preparation, during interview and after interview.
Preparation Before the Interview
1. Identify your short-term and long-term goals, list them down to mention in the interview.
2. Have a copy of your resume and reference letter with you before going to the interview.
3. Find as much information about the company you are applying in as possible.
4. Practice answering common questions which are normally asked during an interview. Don’t make any answer longer than 1-2 minutes.
5. The interview may last up to 2 hours. So make sure you plan your time carefully to avoid rushing.
Tips During the Interview
6. Arrive at the location of interview at least 15 minutes earlier.
7. Turn off cell phone and don’t chew gum during an interview.
8. Remember to shake hand with the interviewers first. Therefore, don’t keep your hands full holding anything.
9. Use the names in which the interviewers introduce about themselves to address them.
10. Be polite, confident and relaxed. Keep your eye contact and don’t lie while answering their questions.
11. Pay attention to your body language and behavior. There are certain behaviors that shouldn’t be done in an interview such as leaning forward or looking around distractedly.
12. Express a sincere interest in the job and enthusiasm to work for the company.
13. Be confident while speaking, especially about your experience, abilities or skills.
14. Be honest and sincere.
15. Talk positively for negative characteristics. For example, mentioning other skills of yours relating to one that you are weak.
16. Make careful-thinking and organized answers.
17. Don’t just simply answer YES or NO. Try to narrate more interestingly.
18. Don’t hesitate to ask if you don’t hear clearly the questions or if you wish to know anything else.
19. Listen carefully and attentively. Don’t interrupt while the interviewers are speaking.
20. Don’t talk bad on the back about your former employers or colleagues.
21. Focus your experience on the benefit it may bring to the new job.
22. When you are asked about personal life, use them to your advantages and talk about how well you can balance between personal life and work.
23. Leave such issues as salary, benefit, work leave, etc. to the end of the interview or to when the interviewers ask.
Tips After the Interview
24. Express your interest in the interview and the opportunity of working for the company. Thank the interviewers by their names.
25. Write a post-interview thank you letter.